LEARN WHAT POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS ARE AND ADOPT THEM INTO YOUR LIFE
Cogito, ergo sum.
These are the words of renowned French philosopher, Descartes. It translates to ‘I think, therefore I am.’ This phrase explains quite clearly the principle behind using positive affirmations.
Positive affirmations are short phrases that are repeated frequently with the intention of replacing our negative thoughts and feelings with more positive ones.
Positive affirmations help restructure our thoughts. These statements help us in breaking the pattern of our negative thoughts and feelings, replacing them with positive ones. When our thoughts cease to be negative and pessimistic, we become more motivated, less stressed, less anxious, have improved self-esteem and learn to love ourselves. Since it helps lower our stress level and puts our mind at ease, we can sleep better, experience better health and are more productive at work.
Practicing positive affirmations can also be used by those with depression and anxiety since they help replace predominantly negative thoughts with more hopeful ones. Positive affirmations also help improve our resilience against the challenges in life. These affirmations help enhance our mind-set with more optimistic narratives about who we are and what we are capable of.
Practicing positive affirmations is very simple. In essence, it involves choosing a phrase and repeating it over and over again to yourself. For best results, repeat these statements three to five times each day. You could also write these affirmations instead of speaking them out loud. The important part is that you must practice them regularly to experience its benefits in the long run. Repeat the affirmations and mean every single word as you do!
Here is a list of positive affirmations that you can use in different situations.
Start your day off on a high note by repeating these positive affirmations to yourself. It will prepare you for the rest of the day so you can sail through it with ease and optimism.
1. I am full of energy and life today.
2. I am the designer of my own life.
3. I choose to approach this day with joy and optimism.
4. I am brimming with creativity and new ideas.
5. I have the power to conquer any obstacle I face.
6. I have the talents and the capabilities to accomplish every task given to me.
7. I am blessed to be surrounded by people who love and cherish me.
8. I succeed at every endeavour I undertake.
9. At the end of the day, everything works out in my favour.
10. I face every obstacle fearlessly.
11. No one has the power to make me feel inferior.
12. I am amazing and I refuse to be put down by others.
13. Good things await me today.
By pushing out our flow of negative thoughts, positive affirmations help increase our confidence in ourselves and our accomplishments. Here are some affirmations that help suppress your self-doubt and boost your confidence.
14. I possess all the capabilities that will lead me to success.
15. My contribution to this world is important.
16. Everything I do matters to the world.
17. I am the best person for this job.
18. I can do this.
19. I am worthy.
20. I am in charge of my life.
21. I am on a journey of grow and improvement.
22. I have the ability to accomplish this task.
23. Things will work out for me.
24. I turn my failures into stepping stones towards success.
25. I have faith in myself.
26. I do not apologise for being the person I am.
27. I am confident and everyone around me sees that.
Often, our negative thoughts distract us from the good things in life. We ignore our accomplishments and talents and become overly critical ourselves, to the point of pitying or being disappointed in ourselves.
With these positive affirmations, you can remind yourself to love yourself again, and to look at all the best parts of you.
28. I am deserving of love and happiness.
29. I accept myself the way I am.
30. I love myself unconditionally.
31. I love my body the way it is and respect its needs
32. I am loved by the people I love.
33. I love my own company.
34. I am proud of my achievements and progress in life.
35. My happiness comes not from other people but from within me.
36. I say ‘no’ to people when I want to.
37. I care more about pleasing myself than pleasing others.
38. I am happy and comfortable in my own skin.
39. I am not my mistakes.
40. I am enough.
41. I matter.
Sometimes, lost in the hustle and bustle of life, we forget our own worth, and this brings us grief. Using these positive affirmation statements, you can drown out the negativity and remind yourself what you are worth.
42. There is no one else like me; I am unique and irreplaceable.
43. I am powerful.
44. My worth is not dependent on others' opinion of me.
45. I have so much to give to this world.
46. I matter to the people in my life.
47. My worth is determined by me and no one else.
48. My contribution to this world is important.
49. Every action of mine impacts the world.
50. I let go of all negative thoughts about myself.
51. I grow everyday into the best version of myself.
52. I am a good person
53. I believe in my worth.
54. The success of others is not indicative of my own failure.
55. I may not be the best, but I get better every day.
56. I accept the compliments I get because I deserve them.
57. I put myself before anyone else.
When the cloud of negativity casts its shadow on us, we tend to feel hopeless. Hope is a significant driving force in our life and without it, we may feel lost.
When faced with trouble, renew your hope in yourself and the world with these positive affirmation statements.
58. This moment will pass and things will get better.
59. I refuse to give up; I will find a way out.
60. I am brave and strong; I will get through this.
61. I have an endless well of hope that I call upon when needed.
62. This feeling is not permanent.
63. I refuse to be pulled down by such minor setbacks.
64. I come out of bad situations alright every time.
65. There is a way to get through this and I will find it.
66. Better things await me that I don’t know about yet.
67. There are more ways to approach this problem that I haven’t tried yet.
68. I have come this far and I am not giving up.
69. I have the courage and the ability to overcome every obstacle I meet.
70. I learn from my mistakes and errors.
71. I am constantly learning from the world around me.
72. I am resilient.
73. I rise above the negativity that is thrown at me.
74. I attract good things in life.
75. I will find good even in the bad.
Anxiety is a feeling we are all familiar with. It arises when our brain thinks that something bad is going to happen. Often, this feeling is uncalled for. To overcome feelings of anxiety, change your negative thought pattern using these affirmations. These affirmations can also help those with depression.
76. I am in control of my emotions.
77. I am calm and grounded.
78. The negative thoughts are fleeting and have no power over me.
79. I am safe and well.
80. These are only my thoughts and not my reality.
81. My negative thoughts are irrational and are not based in reality.
82. This feeling is temporary.
83. I leave any situation that makes me uncomfortable.
84. My happiness lies in my own hands.
85. I have courage in my heart.
86. I go where life takes me and make the best of it.
87. I am braver than I am scared.
88. At the end of this emotional turmoil is peace.
89. I have all the optimism I need to get through this.
90. Nothing is impossible for me.
91. I deserve to relax.
Life is filled with uncertainty. This uncertainty can often lead to worry in us. To deal with feelings of uncertainty, and the stress born from it, we can use positive affirmations and remind ourselves that we have the strength to overcome this feeling.
92. I trust myself.
93. Everything will work out in the end.
94. This feeling is not permanent; better things are coming for me.
95. I am calm and collected.
96. I trust in my wisdom and the decisions I make.
97. I let go of this feeling of nervousness.
98. I trust myself to take decisions that are best for me.
99. I listen to advice but do not let other’s sway my decision.
100. I let go of the worries that bog me down.
101. I pursue what my heart desires despite what others say.
102. Even in difficult times, I find opportunities for growth.
103. I live life in line with my values.
Our tendency to procrastinate can often hold us back from progress and getting ahead in life. Despite this, our urge to procrastinate is often strong.
One reason for procrastination may be your lack of confidence and faith in your own abilities to accomplish the task. With these positive affirmation statements, you can overcome your feelings of procrastination.
104. My goals are simple and straightforward; they are achievable.
105. I accomplish all my tasks no matter the circumstances.
106. Each step I take brings me closer to completion.
107. I succeed at the tasks I undertake.
108. I am determined and hard-working.
109. I refuse to give up on the task.
110. I refuse to stray from my goal; I always work towards it.
111. Despite the troubles, I will reach my goal.
112. Every day, I become a better version of myself.
113. I have my unwavering focus on my goal.
114. I take ownership of my failures just as I do of my successes.
115. I will stop at nothing but the best.
116. I am destined for great things in life.
117. My opinion matters more than those of others.
118. I am independent and rely on myself before anyone else.
Like adults, children too can be hounded by negative thoughts. Learning to think positively through positive affirmations can help children remain optimistic and become resilient in life. Here are some positive affirmations that you can teach kids tp enhance their optimism.
119. I am smart.
120. I am loved.
121. All of my problems have solutions.
122. I am unique.
123. I am confident and brave.
124. I am in charge of my life.
125. I am important.
126. I am capable.
127. I can do anything.
128. I get better every day.
129. I learn from every mistake I make.
130. I deserve good things in life.
131. I can get through anything.
132. I am creative.
133. Today is going to be an amazing day.
134. I open myself up to new things.
135. I am proud of myself.
Over time, repeating these positive affirmation statements can make you more optimistic, stress-free and self-confident. You can also make your own positive affirmation statements to suit your needs and circumstances.
Make sure that these statements are in the present tense. They must be brief and positive rather than negative. Take some time out of your day, as few as five minutes, and repeat these statements. If you practice them regularly, you will reap the benefits and enjoy a more optimistic perspective on life.
What are some positive affirmations that you practice?